Return On Science is a New Zealand's research commercialisation programme, focused on bringing new research to market from universities, research institutions, and private companies.
We are seeking innovative, motivated, and entrepreneurial students to join our world-class Investment Committees. Focused on the Biotech & Life Sciences, Agritech & Food Tech, ICT, and Physical Sciences fields, the four specialist investment committees form the core of Return On Science’s proven approach to commercialisation. The Investment Committees are made up of serial entrepreneurs, distinguished academics, corporate executives, technology strategists, and successful investors, who make investment decisions and provide expert advice and guidance to IP owners’ project teams.
- The student will be a full voting member of one of our four investment committees, sitting alongside some of the most knowledgeable and connected people in the science and commercialisation environment. You will form part of the consensus on all funding decisions and recommendations.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute your insight, experience and technical and commercial knowledge, and networks from an enrolled student's perspective to in depth discussions around the scientific and commercial merits of projects from across the publicly funded research landscape.
- Investment Committee meetings typically run monthly from 10am to 3pm, with lunch provided. Background reading, meeting time, and follow-up are approximately one full day per month.
- The Agritech & Foodtech, and Physical Sciences Investment Committees are held monthly on the first and third Thursday, respectively.
- The Biotech & Life Sciences, and ICT Investment Committees are held monthly on the first and third Wednesday, respectively.
- The Momentum Investment Committee is held monthly on the second Thursday.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org